The VDI Memorandum of Incorporation has five Strategic Objectives. Each of these objectives has supporting operational strategies.
The primary object of the company is to:
Strengthen community resilience to stresses and vulnerabilities associated with lack of education, skills and health implications
Improve livelihoods through diversification of income and promotion of appropriate agricultural and natural resource management practices
Increase water availability and reliability for productive use, improved health status and livelihoods
Increase access to quality informal education for marginalised youth
Enhance knowledge generation, management and dissemination resulting in wide adoption/replication of Vanwyksdorp poverty alleviation approaches by other organisations
For each of these objectives there are a few goals, for which some priority activities have been identified.
VDI will enhance knowledge generation, management and dissemination, to achieve wide adoption/replication of Vanwyksdorp poverty alleviation approaches by other organisations:
- by developing a catalogue/library of knowledge and resources from the activities and learning experiences of VDI and its partners, and
- publishing and disseminating (including website and social media) this experience.
The VDI objectives will be achieved through a range of projects:
- Training Centre
- Early Childhood Development Centre
- Communal Food Gardens
- Sports Fields
- Biodiversity Exhibition Centre
- Skills Development Workshops