Soil Erosion Control and Management
One (1) day theoretical training and three (3) days practical training in the veld.
The objective is to provide several well-equipped workshops where specific trade skills for selected trainees can be developed for potential employment in eco-tourism and conservation, and where fledgling entrepreneurial businesses can be grown under the protection of an incubator hub.
- recognise accelerated soil erosion and the causes thereof
- determine what kind of method to use for each kind of soil erosion
- know how to prevent soil erosion from occurring in relation to farming, roads and grazing
- know how to assess soil erosion and where control actions need to be initiated
- understand the relationship between veld condition, rainwater infiltration, grazing management and soil erosion