Between the Biodiversity Exhibition Centre and Vanwyksdorp town, north of the Communal Food Gardens.
The objective is to provide several well-equipped workshops where specific trade skills for selected trainees can be developed for potential employment in eco-tourism and conservation, and where fledgling entrepreneurial businesses can be grown under the protection of an incubator hub.
The idea is to develop:
- at least six workshops
- plumbing, grey water projects and irrigation
- metalwork, welding and fencing
- needlework, knitting and crocheting
- food processing and catering
- timber management, furniture making & carpentry
- electrical and mechanical work
- each will have appropriate equipment and site services
- VDI will facilitate:
- sourcing of materials from suppliers
- establishment of markets for products
- business and administration back-office
- participants will not be paid a wage but will receive payment for goods and services sold to the public. To this end there is provision for a display area at the main building entrance.
Improve the income of households by involving family members and providing them with practical and entrepreneurship skills.